Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oneonta Afternoon................

After work today, I met Connie at SIMPLY THAI for lunch.  Once again, I had the Pad Priew Wan. It is a stir fry dish with beef, pineapple, tomato, carrot, cucumber, bell pepper and onion, with a hefty scoop of white rice.  It was absolutely delicious!  I tried a bit of Connie's Thai Fried Rice, and it was very good.

After that, we crossed Main Street to check out the new Taiwanese restaurant.  The prices appear to be very reasonable, and we plan to have lunch there very soon.

Then we went to the Oneonta History Center.  I purchased a Christmas present for my sister, Peggy, a couple of postcards for my grandkids and a couple of other small items.

Then we met at Wilber Park, where we took a walk.  While walking, we started to talk about candies we recall from our childhood.  That conversation led us to wondering if any of those candies are available at the new candy store on Main Street.  Soooooooo, we decided to meet up there.  We found some of the "old time candies", but not all.  The chocolates are shipped from ASHER'S in Pennsylvania.  I bought two jelly squares, which were delicious!  Connie was still looking around when I left!

It was a nice afternoon.

Note: the CENTER STREET DELI will close soon.  Connie recommends the chicken salad sandwich and
rice pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment