Saturday, January 15, 2011

Artful Friday Night Adventure

Yesterday, Carol and I decided to go to Norwich for the opening reception of her daughter in laws art show at the Chenango County Council of the Arts in Norwich.

I left a bit early because we were going to meet up in South New Berlin, and I thought maybe there might be something interesting to photograph there. There was. I noticed this old empty hardware store.
The days of Mom and Pop type stores are gradually coming to an end, and I like to find them and take pictures, ones that are still in business and those that have given up the ghost.


Carol arrived and we headed to Norwich. We stopped at PRICE CHOPPER first to pick up a few groceries. I had chosen four cooking projects for the coming weekend. Unfortunately, some ingredients that Rachael Ray uses are not available in local stores, so I was unable to get the ingredients for two of them.

We arrived at the "show" around five p.m. There were photographs and paintings by Jill Kraft (Carol's daughter in law" and Catrina Phetteplace. The paintings were downstairs in the Mariea Brown and raymond Loft Gallery and the photographs were upstairs. I think I enjoyed the photography exhibit more than the art. Jill has a couple of photos of old abandoned buildings and one of an old general store in McDonough, New York. (I plan to set up a day trip around McDonough soon).

Ohhh! I almost forgot to mention the refreshments. In addition to punch and wine, there were mini sandwiches, vegetables and dip, deserts and several appetizer type things. Everything was delicious!


I drove Carol back to South New Berlin and we loaded her groceries into her car. It was a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment