Friday, December 17, 2010

Afternoon in Cooperstown ADVENTURE

title="photo sharing">
T.J.'s Restaurant in Cooperstown
Originally uploaded by JuneNY
Yvette, Terry and I were planning on going to the lunch buffet at the
Otesaga, but Yvette could not make it due to car trouble. Terry and I were going to go without her, but I remembered that T.J.'s Place in Cooperstown offers a five dollar fish dinner for lunch in the winter. I suggested to Terry that we go there instead, and she thought it was a great idea.

This gave me an opportunity to drive my new (used) Subaru wagon, which I picked up yesterday@ We met up at Price Chopper at 11:30 (by this time I had been to two grocery stores and purchased over a hundred dollars worth of food) and headed to Cooperstown. We quickly located T.J.'s and went in. What a delightful atmosphere.......I LOVED the statue of ABBOTT AND COSTELLO and had to take a picture. They have lots of COKE memorabilia around.



The five dollar fish lunch special was great. I had the beer battered fried haddock and Terry had the broiled haddock. The mashed potatoes were the real thing, and very good. The vegetable was corn. It was very filling!

After lunch, we walked around Main Street, Cooperstown a bit, stopping at Schneider's Bakery where Terry bought some donuts and I bought some rolls. We went into a Christmas store.
and a great book store.
On the way back to Oneonta, we stopped at the BEAR POND WINERY to look around and geocache. There was too much snow on the ground to look for the geocache, but we went inside and looked at the merchandise.

Back in Oneonta, we decided to go to FoxCare and walk around a bit. They had some new artwork up, so we looked at that. It was a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment