Saturday, April 24, 2010

OPEN HOUSE at the WALTZING HORSE FARM



My friend Carol told me about the Waltzing Horse Farm and the Open House today. I asked a couple of friends to go with me. Connie had already heard about it and she wanted to come. We met up at my house around 11:30 p.m. and headed out. I had good directions to the Waltzing Farm (courtesy of Carol), so we made it there in record time.


We were one of the first arrivals so we were able to get a good parking spot. We parked and headed to the arena. We were offered refreshments (home baked cookies, breads and brownies).

The first part of the show was when a narrator told us about the horses while they were brought out and walked around. The history of these breeds is really fascinating. I took a lot of pictures. After a short break, they did what they call "synchronized riding". It was beautiful! They offered tours of the farm, but Connie and I decided not to stay for one.

Connie mentioned that she had never been to New Berlin, so I offered to drive over
there and show her the Main Street. We drove through the main area, all the way
to the New Berlin Diner a few miles outside of town. Once she saw the diner and realized that it was the "real thing" an authentic old diner, retaining the old features, she wanted to have lunch there, so we did. This was like a "blast from the past", and both Connie and I enjoyed it.

We decided to spend some time walking around Main Street in New Berlin. I took pictures of some old buildings. A guy came up to me and asked me if I was a real estate person, he said I made him and some other people nervous by taking pictures. I reassured him I was only taking pictures of old buildings.

It was a great day, but somewhat tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment