Thursday, September 22, 2011

Short Geocaching Adventure

Leslie and I decided to get together in the middle of the day today to go look for
three geocaches. I met up with her in West Oneonta and we headed out County Road 8 to The Otsdawa Cemetery where we found our first geocache. Leslie and I had kind of discovered this small, old cemetery a couple of months before and I intended to someday come and hide a geocache here, but artfullybare beat me to it. Leslie found this one after about ten minutes of looking.

Then we continued on to another old cemetery WHEELER CEMETERY, down County Road 7. I found this one. Here are a couple of pics of that cemetery and the geocache.



Then we went to Wells Bridge to find WBFAS. This one was in the woods near the Susquehanna River, off of the Wells Bridge Fishing Access Site. Lesle found this one while I kind of waited and hoped I would be able to get back to my car in one piece. It was WAY more than a terrain level of 2 !! Here is a picture of Leslie looking for the geocache.......it is #400 for her!

On the way back to West Oneonta, I stopped to take a picture of an old church.
It appears that it may have been used as a residence, but looks like it is empty now. Then we stopped at the HELL HOLLOW ONE ROOM SCHOOLHOUSE, and I took these pictures.




I dropped Leslie off and headed home. It was a short outing, but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment