Thursday, July 1, 2010

Return to Bainbridge Adventure

Linda and I decided to go to Bainbridge today, mostly to go to the FROG POND, the huge fruit and vegetable stand there. We met up at my house and headed out. First stop: FROG POND. It was their last day open before closing down for a two week summer vacation, so I thought that they would not have much to offer, but I was wrong. They had a lot! Both Linda and I purchased a LOT of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Second stop: Pine Ridge Grocery (otherwise known as the Mennonite Store). Once again, both of us made several purchases.

Then it was time for lunch. We wanted something inexpensive and light. We took a chance and went into the Olive Branch at the Jericho, which was formerly (and not too long ago) known as The Old Jericho Inn. It is a beautiful old building which used to be known as the Central Inn in the 1850's.

We had chicken wing pizza. The total bill was $6.00, and that included drinks.......so we met our goal of having an inexpensive meal. The pizza was good, too.

I had never taken any pictures of the building that used to be the train depot, so I took this opportunity to do so. The building is now used for village offices, but it still has the train depot look to it.

I had geocaching info. with me, but Linda is recovering from total hip replacement, and I didn't think she was up to doing it. We had perishable food in my car, so we decided to head for home so we could get it refrigerated. On the way home, we made one small detour, so I could show Linda the Otego Creek fishing access area on Route 8.




No comments:

Post a Comment