Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Out with Becky

My cousin Becky called me to tell me that one of my mothers cousins passed away and calling hours were today at a funeral parlor in Lewiston.  I offered to drive her to Lewiston.  We met up at my house and headed out  Before going to the funeral parlor, we stopped at the Oxbow house to spend a few minutes with Carrie.

We only stayed about fifteen minutes at the funeral parlor, and took time to greet Mr. Lamberts wife and look at the pictures on display.

Becky told me she would treat me to supper, and for me to choose a place.  When we got to Sanborn, I recalled HOOVERS

and suggested it to Becky.  She had never been there and she liked that idea.  I showed her where the Hoovers Farm and Farm Store are, and then we went over to the restaurant on Ward Road.

We both ordered off of the specials board. Becky had the polish sausage/cabbage/pierogis and I had the four piece fried chicken with cheesy potatoes.  We both had a small bottle of chocolate milk.  The total bill was a little less than twenty dollars.  What a bargain!!!!  Then we both had a small ice cream cone.
They offer both Perry's frozen custard and Perry's hard ice cream.  I had heavenly hash and it really was heavenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment