Wednesday, June 28, 2017

June 28, 2017 Drive Back to Lockport from PA

I retrieved a call from the Kinzua  Bridge Visitors Center last night telling me that my missing GPS had been turned in.  So, first thing this morning, after packing up, Mary Ann and I headed back there so I could pick it up.   I stopped to take this picture just outside of Smethport.


Then we headed to Portville so we could have breakfast at Sprague's.  I had the biscuits with sausage gravy with home fries.  It was a HUGE portion, so I took the rest of it and put it in my cooler bag. 

On the way north towards Cuba, we stopped and found a geocache, an easy one in a guardrail.  In Cuba, we stopped at THE CUBA CHEESE SHOPPE, and both Mary Ann and I purchased a few items. 
I noticed this building across the road from the cheese shop. 
It really does not look like it was a grocery store, but it must have been. 

We stopped again in Rushville to look for a geocache in a cemetery, but were unsuccessful.   We also stopped in Belfast to look at the map and we each had a cup of lemonade that we ought from this young man.

We decided to stop at the BEAVER MEADOW AUDUBON CENTER near North Java and we had our picnic lunch and looked at the exhibits

in the Visitors Center and we walked the Jenny            Trail which is a boardwalk around a beautiful area. 

 Our last stop was at O'LEARs for some Perry's Frozen Custard, which was delicious. 

I dropped Mary Ann off early enough so she could go pick up her dog at the kennel and arrived home a little aftere four thirty p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment