Wednesday, June 28, 2017

DAY TWO (June 27, 2017) TRIP TO PENNSYLVANIA

We had breakfast in our room, out of my cooler bag and then drove to Kinzua Bridge State Park. They have a very nice Visitors Center.

We walked out on

the skywalk.  The views were spectacular: 

and I also walked the lower trail beneath the skywalk. 
We were getting ready to leave when I realized I did not know where my GPS was.  I thought it was someplace in my car so I searched there without success.  I left information at the front desk about it and asked them to call me if it was turned in.

We headed south to go to the ELK COUNTRY VISITORS CENTER, where we had been told we would have a good chance of seeing some elk.  We enjoyed the visitors center and walked around outside a bit, but did not see any elk.  HOWEVER, as we were leaving the area, we saw one very close to the road.
We took a different route back to Smethport, which was much different than the route we drove to get to Benezetti. 

We picked up supper at the SMETHPORT DRIVE IN, which is right next door to the SMETHPORT MOTEL where we had lodging.  I had a Texas Hot. 

We were both so worn out that we were in bed for the night before nine p.m.  I slept great!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment