Thursday, April 15, 2010

It was a beautiful afternoon ADVENTURE! April 14, 2010




I had to work yesterday morning, and a couple of times I went out to the mailbox and I noticed that it kept getting warmer and sunnier. By 12:30 I decided it was a day to take a nice walk. I asked a couple of people from work if they wanted to accompany me, but both of them said they needed more notice than five minutes!!! wimps!

I decided to go to Neahwa Park to check out the progress of the new Veterans Walk that is being built. Much of it is blocked off during construction, but I walked around about a half an hour. It is indeed going to be beautiful when it is finished. It will be a great place for joggers and walkers. I don't know if bicycles will be allowed.

By then I was really hungry. I went to Subway on Main Street and had a meal deal. After lunch, I called Christa to see if she was up. I had something to drop off for her. She was not up yet, and wanted to stay in bed for a while longer (she works nights) so I decided to go to Wilber Park for a walk.

Wilber was the right choice, for sure. There were a few joggers and dog walkers out and about, so I felt safe walking the trails in the woods by myself. I spent about a half hour wandering around, and taking pictures, some of which are up above.

Before going to Christa's house, I decided to see if I could find Woody's Market, which may be the last Mom and Pop type store in Oneonta. I found it, on Spruce Street, and took a picture to post on my flickr account.

I went to Christa's place to drop off the item and visit with her. I decided to take a couple of pictures of her dogs to send to Cassandra. Christa is moving out west in a week or two, and her dogs will be staying in Oneonta, but I probably won't get opportunities to see them.

It was a great afternoon, and I slept better than ever last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment