Thursday, October 26, 2017

Lockport CARENET Pregnancy Center 2017 Fundraising Banquet (10/26/17)

Once again, I helped to fill Peggy's table with guests for this annual banquet. I invited Elaine, Nancy and Becky to join me and they all agreed.  Elaine drove this small group to the Tonawanda Castle in Tonawanda, NY.
This  is the first year that it has been held there. The former armory is not as fancy as Salvatore's but it is VERY nice.  Before the meal, I looked around some of the other areas of the building.  

I purchased twenty dollars worth of tickets for the basket raffle.  There was a lot of guesswork involved while choosing which baskets to try for, since the lights were not all that bright in that room and the baskets were not labelled.  I put most of my tickets on a small Vera Bradley shoulder bag.

Peg and I were surprised to see our brother Mike there.  He came with a group from his church.  A few pictures were taken of him, Peg, Becky and I.

Our meal was very good, it included both beef and chicken.  They did the drawing for the basket raffle and announced the winners of the silent auction between the meal and the program.  I was happy to win the purse. 
  Becky won two baskets and Peggy won one.

The speaker, Claire Colwell, survived an abortion that her mother had when she was thirteen.  She was adopted into a wonderful family and was able to meet her birth mother in her twenties, and that was when she heard the whole story.  She was very good.

Peg said that she thought about four hundred people attended this years banquet.  It was a wonderful evening and I already look forward to next year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment