Friday, October 13, 2017

Drive Across NYS (from east to west) to get home!

I left Carol's house about nine fifteen this morning.  I lost ten or fifteen minutes on Route 8 north of New Berlin, due to road work.  I continued on without stopping until I got to Auburn.  There, I pulled over because of sirens and then pulled into a gas station to get gas.  I could not get into the right lane when I left the gas station, so I had to drive around a block to get back on 20.  That worked out fine because while going around the block, I saw this old diner that I had noticed previously while driving through Auburn

It appears to be an original OLD diner.   I enjoyed my fish sandwich, clam chowder and pie!  

Then I continued on down 20 with a destination in mind.  SAUDERS in Seneca Falls. 
It is a HUGE Mennonite bulk food store.  They offer LOTS of samples of their products. I bought a few items.
outside they had MANY different kinds of pumpkins and huge mums, etc. 



That was my last stop.  I got on the thruway and stayed on it until I got to the Depew exit.  I arrived home at four fifteen.  I called Peg and we agreed that she would pick up Chiavettas chicken and I would provide the sides.  David joined us for supper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment