Saturday, October 28, 2017

Friday night walk in Lockport (10/27/17) and Saturday with Peggy (10/28/17)

Last evening I took a walk downtown because it was such a lovely warm evening.  Along the way I ran into a couple of trick or treaters heading towards Main Street.

There was an event going on at Ida Fritz Park. 
I took a few pictures before heading home.




and saw this on the way 
As I got closer to home, I started to feel weak and I barely made it home before I had diarrhea.   Which is why I did not post this last night.  


                                             Saturday October 28

Yesterday on the phone Peggy mentioned her plans to go today to get chowder at a church in Gasport and then go to the Amish Bulk Food Store.  I asked if I could accompany her and she agreed.

I met her at her house this morning.  Before leaving, David insisted that I try the chili he is making for tomorrow's chili cook off at Faith Tab.  I tried it and it is pretty good.

Our first stop was at a place where we turned in cans and bottles for nickels.  Then we went to Gasport.   Unfortunately, when we got to Covenant United Church of Christ, they had sold out all of their chowder.  I saw this sign for next Saturdays Autumn Bazaar.  Peg and I went to it last year and want to go again.


Then we went to the Amish Bulk Food Store on 104.  It was very crowded and we ran into Becky, Pat Tomaino and her daughter and Yolanda there.  Both Peg and I made several purchases.

Peggy suggested that we stop by the Beachy's so she could show them the aerial pictures she took a week ago when she and David flew over.  Mrs. Beachy was not home but several of her children were there.  The girls just loved seeing the pictures.  It was nice to see two year old Johanna, who seems to be doing very well.

We also stopped at what I sometimes call THE HAUNTED FARM STAND right near the stone schoolhouse.(the real name is PRODOM FARMS).  It has been cleaned up since last year.  I bought a tomato and another butternut squash.
When we got back to Peggy's house David gave me a jar of chili to have for supper tonight.  

Before going home, I stopped at Reids and purchased my lunch and I also left a jack o lantern rock on the deck of the ice cream shop.
the two smaller sparkly stones on the left are waiting to be placed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment