Wednesday, May 2, 2018

May 2, 2018: KNOX FARM

Mary Ann called me kind of late last night and said she was thinking about the possibility of going to KNOX FARM and asked me to check the weather.  I did so, and found out that today was supposed to be nice and warm, with no precipitation  so I agreed to go and set a time to pick her up.

We arrived around ten thirty and parked and looked for the Visitors Center.  There was a sign with an arrow but following the arrow did not seem to lead us to a Visitors Center.  We asked people we saw but nobody seemed to know anything.  I had a geocache programmed in, so I suggested we head towards it.

I found the geocache KNOX BLOX.  Mary Ann waited while I went into the woods.  Then we looked for a trail she remembered from a previous visit many years ago.  We never did find it.   Here are a few pictures I took.

 I guess these are the main buildings of the farm.
When we located the rest rooms on the way out, we found that they were in the unmanned Visitors Center where maps of he trails were available.  
We drove to Main Street, East Aurora and found Tony Rome's Globe Hotel.  Elaine had told me about Tony Rome's after she and Nancy went there last fall.  We had lunch here and it was great.  
 They have $5.99 lunch specials.  This is half of my chicken salad pita, which came with homemade potato chips, a pickle and a fountain drink.  I added on a cup of beef, vegetable barley soup for a little over a dollar.
It was a nice meal and if Tony Rome's was closer to Lockport I would definitely go again.  On the way back to the car I went in MR POT PIE, McDuffies Bakery.  I tried a couple of samples but did not buy anything.  

It was a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment