Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday, March 7th, 2010 Adventure







The Soccer Hall of Fame in Oneonta, New York closed several months ago due to financial reasons. I saw in the newspaper that this weekend they were allowing the general public to come in (at no charge) to see the exhibits before they are moved. I asked my friend Terry if she wanted to go and she said yes. We decided to make a day of it. It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and some of the time I didn't even wear a jacket.

We met up at the SOCCER HALL OF FAME at ten a.m. I bought several small items for my grandkids in the gift shop since they were all fifty percent off. Then we toured the museum. My camera was acting up. I was not sure if it was the camera or the batteries. I kept switching batteries with little success but I was able to get several pictures.

After that we went to DOLLAR GENERAL and I bought some new batteries and found out that it was a battery problem, nothing wrong with my camera.

We headed out to Fly Creek, New York to try a restaurant that neither one of us had ever been to before: Heckman's Harmony House Cafe. It has been opened a couple of years, I think. We took back roads to get there.

While going through Mt. Vision, I decided to take a few pictures of an old empty store that I have passed by many times. While in Hartwick, I stopped to take pictures of another old store that closed up not too long ago.

We found the Harmony House Cafe to have a delightful rustic atmosphere. I was happy to see a picture on display that showed the building to be a general store in a former life.

Before leaving Fly Creek we drove around a bit. I noticed a ghost sign and stopped to take a picture. Then I noticed that right next door to the sign, there was a interesting building that looked like it might have been a shop in a past life, so I took a picture.

We headed back to Oneonta, stopping for about a half an hour to
go to Wood Bull Antiques in Milford, New York. This is a wonderful, huge antique place in a huge barn, right on the main road. I had been there once many years ago. It hasn't changed much over the years.

Before going back to the Soccer Hall of Fame, we stopped at McDonalds for a shamrock shake. Once back at the Hall of Fame, I took a couple more pictures of the outside.

It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment