Monday, May 5, 2014

Driving East May 4, 2014

I left Lockport around nine a.m. and headed up "the transit" towards the Depew Thruway Station where I got on the thruway.  At one of the thruway stops, I looked at a map of NY state and decided to stay on the thruway until north of Skaneateles and then drive down the east side of
Skaneateles Lake, a route I have never taken.

My GPS could not find Borodino, but I found it.  It has a very nice country store that serves food and has nice, clean bathrooms.  I bought 1/4 lb of antipasto and continued on.  I briefly explored these places: Borodino, Spafford, Scott and Homer, and bypassed Cortland and typed NORWICH into my navigator.  I saw this VERY old building that was used as a "lodge".  It may be in Scott, NY or maybe Spafford.  

The city of HOMER looks very interesting and I stopped for a few minutes to take pictures.  I like this ghost sign.


Before getting to Norwich, I drove through the village of Preston, and just beyond Preston, I stopped at an old cemetery.  It did not have a sign identifying it, and I can't find anything about it on findagrave.com

In Norwich I stopped at SUBWAY and had a tuna sub.

No comments:

Post a Comment