Sunday, November 25, 2012

Syracuse Afternoon

Yesterday, Peg and I decided to visit an elderly lady (97) in a nursing home in Liverpool, New York.  Mary spent part of her childhood living with my fathers family in Lockport, New York.  I had met her once before in the summer of 2010.

We headed out around nine a.m. for this little over two hours drive to Liverpool.  There was snow and wind at various times, we seemed to be driving through various stages of weather!

Our first stop was at DESTINY, NY (I think thats a dumb name for a mall) which used to be the Carousel Mall.  Peggy has stopped several times and she particularly likes a Japanese fast food place.  So, we had lunch there, and now I know why she likes it so much. One of the neat thing about this food court is that
several of the places offer samples.   I walked around the food court and saw both a Japanese and Chinese place that had good specials and I could not resist purchasing a take out meal from both places. (which Peggy, Carrie and I had for Sunday lunch).

Then we did a bit of geocaching finding FOOD DROP #3 in the Wegmans parking lot.  Then we went to the nursing home and met with Mary.  It was a very good visit.  When it came time to leave, she did not want us to go.

On the way home we stopped for a sundae at the McDonalds in Cazenovia.  I think we arrived back at my house at 4:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment