Saturday, June 23, 2012

Geo-Event and Geocaching Saturday June 23, 2012

After some extremely hot, humid and very uncomfortable days, we were blessed with a gorgeous Saturday!  Not too hot, but warm enough, sun all day and one of the most beautiful skys I have ever seen!

First on the agenda: attending a "meet and greet" geocaching event in Neahwa Park in Oneonta, New York, For this event, I packed a sandwich and a drink.  It turned out to be a small group, but it was very nice and very enjoyable!Here is a picture of the "log"
for the event:

Then Leslie and I set out to geocache the afternoon away.  We found five geocaches:  First stop was at Chase Cemetery on Kinney Road in the Town of Hartwick.  This is a very tiny, very old, non-maintained cemetery. Most of the stones are so old that  the names and dates are LONG GONE.  Some are still easy to read.  Then we stopped in Cooperstown so Leslie could replace a log in one of her caches.  I took that opportunity to pick up some tourist info. at the VISITORS CENTER.  Our  second and third geocaching stops were find two GEOCACHING JEOPARDY geocaches hidden by

Mr.Science. And then we stopped to attempt to find BEST CACHE NEAR A DAM SIGHT, and we were again unsuccesful.  Our fourth find  was  at K C's Corner in Springfield.  And last but not least, a return visit to Phoenix Mills where this time the micro BEADLES BARRICADE was found!  I am really glad to get that off of my DNF list.  It is hidden at an absolutely gorgeous fishing access area.



The sky and clouds were exceptionally gorgeous today!  Once we returned to Oneonta, I decided I was too tired to cook so I stopped at Arby's and purchased a salad and at Brooks for chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment