Monday, July 26, 2010

Broken Shoulder Adventure

Thirteen days ago, I fell at home and sustained a "minimal" fracture in my right shoulder. Believe me, it did not FEEL minimal. Anyways, that put my geocaching, exploring and flickering to a complete stop. I was getting a severe case of "cabin fever" so I asked (begged) my friend Leslie to take me out to do something fun this week and she was kind enough to oblige me. I am so blessed to have a friend like her.

I drove into Rite Aid near her house and she met me there. We headed out Route 7 to Worcester. We located two fairly new geocaches in Worcester. One is in a brand new park near the historical society. The society was closed today, but I took a picture of the contact numbers for future reference. What I could see through the windows makes it look like an interesting place. The other is along the road by Gulf Falls, pictured here.



After that we had lunch at Ardy's. Leslie wanted to take a back road to Westford instead of going on the main roads. We had a few difficulties doing this because of the lack of County Road signs, but we did make it to Westford via several back roads.

We stopped first so that Leslie could find my WESTFORD CACHE. There is a new sign for the park it is hidden in, so I took a picture of that. Leslie found the cache quickly and put a geocoin in it. She said the cache is in good shape.

Next stop was at the BADEAU CEMETERY. This small civil war cemetery is on a small steep hill.
I decided not to chance it with my injury, but Leslie scrambled up and found it after a few minutes. I will return another time when my shoulder is back to
normal.

On the way back to Route 7, we looked for and found THE GODDARD HOUSE, a historical house outside of Schenevus on Elk Creek Road. See the dog on the lower left hand side? This dog came out as soon as we pulled the car to a stop and barked up a storm. Leslie took the picture out of her window.

All in all, it turned out to be a great day. The wonderful weather helped!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, June. Hope you heal quickly and with little discomfort.

    ReplyDelete